First Protocol, a company specialized in providing media services and organizing exhibitions and conferences (economic, social, etc…), was established in 2000. First Protocol S.A.R.L started its activities since 2002, to be registered officially in the Lebanese market in 2005.
First protocol is a medium sized enterprise, formed by a selective team armed by youth members, addressing to all institutions from different categories in the economic and social sectors. It strongly believes that certain individuals in society need an open stage that can offer them opportunities to move forward. Based on this, First Protocol effectively began organizing exhibitions, which specialized in art craftwork, and targeted small and medium sized enterprises and artisans. All those elements are considered the main engine behind economic activity, which powered by collective work. This work would offer those occupied in the production sector with specific roles that describe them and support their individual and creative initiatives.
The scope of work of First Protocol is very varied:
- Producing and organizing the first of its kind award ceremony: Social Economic Award (SEA).
- Producing and managing conferences related to the economic sector in the country: Banking Economic Conference (BEC).
- The Arab Economic Application (AEN) is a unique free-of-charge application, which can be downloaded on smartphones (Android & Apple).
- Organizing exhibitions in the art and craft industry
- Organizing conventions and ensuring press coverage
- Proof reading and printing publications
- PR & Media advisories
- Producing documentary films
A. Social Economic Award (SEA):
This event is the first of its kind in Lebanon during which recognition awards are presented to institutions in the socio-economic field during a formal ceremony (Gala dinner) in the presence of the economic & political elite.
The presentation of awards is based on the idea of honoring institutions and personalities in both the private and public sectors for developing CSR projects so as to have national positive impact.
We believe that recognizing the endeavors of institutions from different categories in the economic and social sectors, will improve the state of the less fortunate and this will reflect on the entire society.
SEA is organized by First Protocol in collaboration with the "Association of Banks in Lebanon", the "Federation of the Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture in Lebanon", the "Association of Lebanese Industrialists", and the "Lebanese Franchise Association" among many others.
So far we’ve had four SEA editions, the first one was held on the 3rd of December 2011, the second one on the 1st of December 2012, the third one on November 23rd 2013, he 4th one on November 29th, 2014 and we are in the process of preparing the 5th edition on Saturday the 21st of November 2015.
B. Banking Economic Conference: (BEC)
First Protocol has, to date, produced and organized 11 specialized workshops in the banking, health, energy and maritime sectors:
1. Banking sector:
Seven subjects were treated during six consecutive years, under the patronage of H.E. Dr. Riad Salame, the Governor of the Central Bank of Lebanon, and in the presence of all the major players in the banking sector.
- “BDl After Half a Century”: June 3rd 2014 at the Phoenicia Hotel: “50 years for the Banking Sector”
- “PPP: Partnership between Financing & Investment”: to be held at Phoenicia Intercontinental Hotel – 21 & 22nd of May 2013.
- “Lebanese Banks under stress test”: held at Phoenicia Intercontinental Hotel – June 2012
- “Basel 3: Immunity requirements” held at ESA - May 2011
- “Arab Unified Currency: Dream or reality?” held at Bristol Hotel, Hamra- Apr 2010
- “Lebanese Banks: Challenges of Success”, held at Bristol Hotel, Hamra- Apr 2009
- “Lebanon’s Execution of Basel 2: Major Challenges”, held at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, Hamra – April 2008.
2. Energy Sector:
“Energy for the Future”, held under the patronage of the minister of Energy & Water Mr. Jebran Bassil in Gefinor Rotana Hotel, Hamra - January 2010.
3. Environment Sector:
“Environment Principles & Solutions, held at USEK on the 10th of October 2010.
4. Maritime sector:
“Marine Transport: Requirements for Growth”, held under the patronage of the Minister of Public Works and Transport Mr. Ghazi Al Aridy in Gefinor Rotana Hotel, Hamra – 27- January 2009.
5. Health sector:
“Medical Bill: How to Define and Supervise the Mechanism” held under the patronage of the Minister of Health Mr. Mohamed Khalife in the Doctor’s House – 08- Oct 2008
C. The Arab Economic Application (AEN):
Arab Economic News is a unique Application, innovated by the Editor in chief, Mrs. Violette Ghazal Balaa.
AEN is a modern media platform, which targets the economic sector and its various branches in Lebanon and around the world.
It is a simple, free-of-charge application, which can be downloaded on smartphones (Android & Apple).
Our aim is to keep you abreast of the latest developments in economic performance by highlighting the hottest issues, interviewing experts, and covering the various activities and events in this sector.
In parallel, and based on our thirty years of experience in the fields of politics and economics, we offer a package of services, which makes this smart application the first-of-its-kind in Lebanon and the region.
At the content level, we strive to excel in presenting economic news in a modern setting compatible with top-notch technologies so that our “followers” can express their economic, social, and daily life concerns.
Arab Economic News is a new voice in the economic world of media through which we hope to make a real difference!
Stay Connected to be updated!
D. Exhibitions for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME):
Since 2005, First Protocol commenced the organization of specialized exhibitions related to the “Art & Craft” industry. These events used to be done on a cyclic basis three times a year and were scheduled as follows:
- July 2005 under the patronage of Patriarch Mar Nasrallah Boutros Sfeir.
- July 2006 under the patronage of the minister Jihad Azour (the event was cancelled due to the Israeli War)
- July 2007 under the patronage of the Roman Catholic Bishop Kigam Khatcharian.
- July 2008 under the patronage of the Minister of Agriculture Mr. Talal Al Sahily.
2. Marché de Noel:
- December 2005 under the patronage of the Minister of Tourism Mr. Joe Sarkis.
- December 2006 under the patronage of the Minister of Economy & Trade Mr. Sami Haddad.
- December 2007 under the patronage of the former Minister of Finance Mr. Elias Saba.
- April 2006 under the patronage of the Minister of Industry Mr. Pierre Al Gemayel.
- April 2007 under the patronage of the former Minister of Finance Mr. Damyanos Kattar.
- March 2008 under the patronage of the Minister of Education Mr. Tarek Mitri.
E. Conventions and Media Services:
First Protocol handled the organization and the press coverage of several conventions that were prepared in Beirut as well as the organization of honoring ceremony:
- Press coverage for the convention of the “General Union of Arab Insurance”, under the patronage of the late President Rafic Hariri, held at the Phoenicia Hotel - May 2004. The presence was from Lebanon, Arab and foreign countries.
2. Press coverage for the convention of “Good governance in the banking sector”, under the patronage of H.E President Riad Salame, held at the Movenpick Hotel - December 2004.
3. Press coverage for the convention of “Beirut Rendez-vous”, held at the Phoenicia Hotel - May 2005.
4. Honoring Ceremony for the Minister of Public Works and Transportation Mr. Ghazi Al Aridy as well as for the General Director of the Ministry of Transportation Mr. Hassan Kouraytem. This ceremony was held at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, Hamra - July 2009.
5. Organization of the convention of “Al Wassatie”, under the patronage of Prime Minister Mr. Nagib Mikati held at the Four Seasons hotel - April 2010.
6. Press Coverage and participation in the inauguration of the Port of Beirut Expansion, under the patronage of President Suleiman at the Port premises – October 22nd 2013.
F. Proof Reading of publications in the Arabic language and printing books:
First Protocol handles the proof reading of some Arabic publications and books. The most known in the field are:
- “Executive” magazine: the Arabic publication translated throughout a year and a half between 2003 & 2005.
2. Proof reading of the translated Spanish book into Arabic from the European Union. This book was given as a gift to the Italian Prime Minister Mr. Romano Broudi when he was the President of the Federation in 2003.
3.Preparing a book on the Chamber of Industry and Commerce and Agriculture in Beirut and Mount Lebanon in 2010, commissioned by the Board of Directors of the room.
G. Media & PR Consulting:
First Protocol has a Media & PR consulting department to help and to advise local and international institutions:
- Media consulting for the Lebanese Association for Maritime Transport since its inception in 2002 (preparing media material for launching the Assembly).
2.Conducting studies for foreign investors and Arabs, including Mexican correspondents working on solid waste issue (preparing a report on the extraordinary situation in Lebanon) and investors in real estate from Kuwait, followed by Media & PR consulting.
H. Documentary Films
First Protocol started the production of documentary films for private and public institutions:
- Documentary films for the Port of Beirut (one for administration and a second for a private company that operates the container terminal in the port).
2. A documentary film on the history of the Maronite League in Lebanon.
3. A film tribute to the Minister of Finance Raya Hassan on the occasion of International Women's Day.
4. A documentary film about the history of the discovery of oil in the world and the most prominent transitions.